Community development projects at Long My (Hau Giang province, Mekong Delta, Vietnam) was implemented 2004 by Vietnam Plus. The project aims to help the poverty households improving their economic and life standard. After 4 years, Anh Duong community development and support center (Anh Duong Center) has established to replace for Vietnam Plus’s mission. Anh Duong Center is a local non-profit-organization, implement the community development’s projects at its local. Currently, we carries out the projects in 3 districts (Long My, Phung Hiep and Vi Thuy) and Long My township.
We, at Anh Dương, adhere to the highest ethical standards, and aim at high performance and efficiency:
Our vision, mission, values
We strive for a society of fairness and equality in which poor people understand the issues that hinder local development and are encouraged to take part and work together to overcome challenges and improve the quality of life of their communities.
We are a social organization. We cooperate with local and international organizations to support the social and economic developments in the local poor communities.
- We encourage the poor communities to improve their capacity in solving their own problems.
- We strive to raise the living, economic and education standards for the communities, with priorities given to women and children.
- We aim to build cohesiveness, unity and mutual support among the communities and achieve sustainable development.
We support the activities for community development, based on the precept of Lao- Tu – a Chinese philosopher.
We aim to help the people gain knowledge and skill to develop their livelihood model themselves to increase income and get the better life.
We are all Vietnamese born and have backgrounds in agriculture, aquaculture, health, micro loans and/or social work. This diversity allows us to undertake a wide variety of valuable projects to meet the needs that are identified in each community. Our staff is highly motivated to help the poor through sustainable development and self help programs. Ánh Dương has 24 staff and 42 village workers who are employed part time; they live and work in the villages. They are able to mobilize the community to work for the people and the extreme poor.
- Poverty reduction program
- Education and School support
- Agriculture program
- Protect environment
- Gender and equality
- Job creation
- Health and hygiene
After 16 years, Anh Duong Center helps thousands of households escaped poverty and improve their life. The students continue going to school, creates jobs for woman at rural areas, improve awareness of protect environment, support school implement dental program and take care health for children, improve awareness of gender and equality family abuse.
With the ambitious that the poverty will be destroyed in our project areas, we were and being tried our best to implement the projects of community development with enthusiasm of staff.
Thank you for your interest in making a difference today. We support more than 2000 households every day, and this can only continue with the remarkable aid we receive from dedicated individuals and organizations. You can donate online using a credit card through our bank account or PayPal.
- PhD. Nguyễn Công Thành – Vice Director – Center of Conversion for Technology & Science of Rice Research Institution
- MSc. Nguyễn Thị Kim Nguyệt – Independence consultant
- Doctor Nguyễn Thái An – Director of Hậu Giang Communication and Reproductive Health
- MSc. Nguyễn Văn Ngẫu – Vice Director of Hậu Giang VUSTA
- MSc. Nguyễn Hiền Trung – Director of Hậu Giang Veterinary Center
- Mr. Nguyễn Văn Thân – Director of Thiện Chí Center
- Mr. Bùi Văn Thắng – Vice Director of Long Mỹ People’s Committee
- Mr. Trịnh Văn Xe – Center of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs of Long Mỹ district
- Mr. Tài Đại Thành – Former Director of Ánh Dương
- Mrs. Trần Thị Mỹ Dung – Hậu Giang Center of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs
- Mr. Bernard Kervyn – Mekong Plus’s Country Director
- PhD. Trần Thiện Khánh – Van Lang University -Ho Chi Minh City
Our Executive Commitment